Tuesday, March 8, 2011

35 weeks... Here is your official eviction notice little one!!!

Ok, the time has come to give this little bubba the kick up the bum and get them moving on out!!! I know that I will miss being pregnant, but I am now 35 weeks and the doctors will give me my induction date next week... So it will only be a week or so after that... This means I will be induced in just over 2 weeks!! I never expected that I would ever make it to 35 weeks, and I would rather go into labour naturally than have to be chemically induced, so I am giving my little baby their eviction notice! You have 2 weeks to get your butt moved outta me and into the real world. I doubt bub will take much notice, too stubborn just like mum and dad!! I guess I will have to start trying all the non harmful eviction tactics... already tried sex, and basic walking up and down stairs... will have to get a fit ball, some pineapple and maybe some raspberry leaf tea... Hmm, what else could work I wonder?!

I had a lovely weekend visiting family, and kept my promise and did not go into labour! I was a busy weekend, capped off with a great visit with a lovely friend who is currently 26 weeks pregnant. It was so good to see her as we have not seen each other in person since before she knew she was pregnant (I was about 13 weeks)!

I had my last birthing class yesterday, so they are now all completed, and while I don't really feel any better prepared, I do feel better for having attended and completed them all! Then I had my doctors appointment yesterday afternoon, which all went well. My belly is measuring at 36 weeks, bub's head is apparently "floating" in my pelvis (no longer engaged) and the doc sent me to get a "trace" done on bub's heartbeat as bub was having another quiet day. At first the midwife could not find the heartbeat, but eventually got it VERY faintly, so left me to hold the trace in place for half hour. Apparently everything was all good though because they sent me home straight afterwards!

Just for a giggle, here is the smiley face my belly button made while laying in bed this morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment