Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Incompetent doctor!

Well I am officially 36 weeks today! I went to my doctor's appointment this afternoon with such high expectations of finally getting some answers and got nothing. It has made me so sad and depressed that I have spent the afternoon since I left the hospital in tears, I cannot seem to stop!
So to add to all the other signals and symptoms I have had that seem to suggest pre-eclampsia, today my fingers were slightly swollen (i struggled to turn my wedding rings!) and at the doctors appointment this afternoon I had protein in my urine... the only sign I do not have yet is my blood pressure is apparently normal, or so this doctor said and I do not trust him very much right now! He measured my belly and told me I was measuring 33 weeks, therefore baby is obviously not big like my growth scan proved just a week and a half before! Funny how last week my belly measured at 36+ weeks, and I have grown again, but now it is only measuring at 33 weeks... yeah, sure, I really trust this doctor!
He also did not want to discuss my induction, just said it will be at 37-38 weeks (yes, I know, that is why we are meant to be deciding now at 36 weeks!!!) and that the doctor I see next week will decide on a date... ie, not my problem, not my issue, I am going to let the next poor bugger make the decision!!
Oh, and apparently my heart racing/shortness of breath/cannot get in enough oxygen is from me resting too long and bub sitting on something to make me short of breath.... um, no?! and when I tried to explain that it happens when I am doing things, when I am not doing anything, when I over do things, like ALL THE TIME, he just looked at me like I was making it up and suggested that IF it happened again, to come into the hospital and have the midwives check me out, but to be there within half hour of the first sign of it.... ARGH... so frustrated!

I had to shut the door to the nursery when I got home, I just couldn't look at my baby's room without crying...

No comments:

Post a Comment