Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Count the kicks!

I had a severe decrease in bub's movements yesterday... to the point where I only felt about 2 wriggles, no kicks, no rolls, nothing else... But I woke up this morning and bub was moving again, especially when hubby played "Jessie's Girl" to my belly! You should have seen my tummy wriggle! But being an over concerned, first time, diabetic mum, I went into the hospital this afternoon anyway, just to get everything checked out. There is a lot of fear associated with fetal movement and kick counts in the third trimester, and it has been in the news a little bit after English celebrity Amanda Holden lost her baby boy due in March this year. Amanda Holden stillborn tragedy. There is also a lot of push for mother to "count the kicks" and a massive awareness campaign to help mum's stop the increased instances of stillborn deaths. This is called Chloe's Count the Kicks Campaign. So after being attached to the trace at the hospital for half hour and talking to the doctor, the verdict is that my baby is happy, seemingly healthy and moving like normal again. I am glad I went in and got checked though!

On another note, today is 32 weeks, another week down! Not long now til I get to meet this little ratbag that I have already grown to love so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment