Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Think your baby is big? Not as big as mine!!

Bub and I have done it! We are another week down!! Excitement is building now, 33 weeks... only 27 days until the doctors will think about inducing me! It is so exciting but so scarily soon at the same time!
I had my doctor's appointment yesterday, nothing new, nothing exciting! My sciatic nerve in my left butt and leg has been playing up A LOT so the doctor has put through a referral for me to see a physiotherapist, which hopefully will bring me some blessed relief. It is getting so bad that I am almost in tears when it happens and it is happening all the time! I guess there is no way I am going to be able to deal with the pain of labour if I cannot even deal with my leg seizing up!!
The doctor also did a quick ultrasound to see how big bub currently is (I know bub is big because I can feel movements all the time now, and painful ones, like a foot in the ribcage while the bum pushes out on the left side of my tummy and a fist hits somewhere in my pelvic region, usually into my bladder!!! And all at once! Ouchie!) and told me that he couldn't get very clear measurements, but bub is only measuring at 35-36 weeks, a reasonable size considering I was almost 33 weeks yesterday... Ok, sure... But I saw the measurements and the weeks the computer converted them to... like, head diameter: almost 11cm, meaning 38+ weeks... and torso length: 30-something cm, meaning 37+ weeks! and he wants me to keep 'cooking' this baby for another 5-6 weeks?! No thankyou!! He did order a proper growth ultrasound for me that I will have next week, just to get clear measurements, so if those measurements are as big as the ones he took yesterday, I think I am definately pushing for my induction to be at 37 weeks, not 38 or 39!!
I must say though, I have got to the point where the only part I am enjoying about this pregnancy now is my little ones movements (when they don't hurt!)... It makes me smile everytime! There is such a connection that I cannot explain that I feel, and I hope it continues after bub is born. I am just so ready to not be pregnant anymore!

On to a sadder note, I now have two stretch marks!! Yes, I am no longer one of the "lucky" ones who managed to avoid them, I have two just on the bottom of my bump on the left side... I guess I am still lucky because I never actually tried to stop them, and my tummy is so tight and big that I was bound to get some!

And just an update on my friend's little girl that she had at 30 weeks... baby girl is now 4 and a half weeks old and is doing amazingly well! I was allowed to go in and visit her in the NICU and she is so cute and tiny... It tripped me out a little bit that my baby is probably already bigger than this little girl (she now weighs just over 2 kgs) but it also gave me great confidence that no matter what happens now and if my bub comes early or I need to give birth via emergency c-section, bub will be fine! What a relief to know that!

Also, time is running out (as who knows when I will go into labour!) if you want to take part in our "Bub Stats Guessing Game"... enter your guesses here!

No comments:

Post a Comment